Friday, May 20, 2016

My darling, my angel

This was written just before my daughters 18th birthday

God sent me a gift from heaven above
An angel for me to love

To rock and to hold and to kiss Good night 
And to wrap my arms around her real tight

I nurtured her and watched her play
And kissed all her fears away


I was there with a tissue when she blew her nose
Her pranks had always kept me on my toes


I would laugh at her jokes, and clap as she danced
To give me trouble she would not miss a chance


I was with her on her first day of school
And then had to hear complaints as she broke every rule


I cherished every moment as I watched her grow
I tried to teach her everything I know


She has been a help in good times and in bad
And kissed away my tears whenever I was sad


She is no more a baby and is now grown
And is making all her decisions on her own


As I watch her everyday my heart fills with pride
I wish she will always be by my side



I wish her joy, I wish her success
I wish her happiness, in everything she does

No comments: